November 13, 2010

The Coconut Macaroon!

I have eaten all the Mounds Bars from the pile of Halloween candy.  As I wandered aimlessly through the kitchen, it hit me...I can make my own!  They are called Coconut Macaroons!

Ina Garten always comes through for me.  So I did a quick search and found this easy recipe:

Action Shot as they bake
14 ounce can of condensed milk
14 ounces of shredded coconut
1 tsp vanilla
-Mix in a bowl

2 egg whites room temp
-Beat into stiff peaks

Fold egg whites into the coconut/milk mixture.  Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets.

Bake for 25 minutes at 325 degrees.

To make them "Mounds Bars" I'm going to dip the bottoms after they've baked and cooled into melted dark chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. Almond Joy is my favorite candy bar. I bet these taste just like them when dipped in the chocolate.

    Gloria

    ReplyDelete