November 15, 2010

Almond Bark - The White Canvas

Ever have one of those moments when you get a little tiny thought in your brain and it won't go away?  My little thought was Almond Bark.  I had a pound of  Almond Bark in my pantry that was calling my name.

As I stood in front of my pantry with block of said Almond Bark in hand, I thought of the various goodies I could put throw in.  I grabbed some roasted salted almonds and some dried cranberries!

Sweet Art!
Here's the steps...it's so easy even guys could make it!

  1. Chop Almonds into small pieces - no measuring, just as much or as little as you like - I used 2 cups 
  2. Chop Almond Bark into small pieces into a glass microwave safe bowl
  3. Melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals
  4. Pour melted Almond Bark over a sheet of parchment inside a cookie sheet
  5. Sprinkle with chopped almonds
  6. Sprinkle with dried cranberries
  7. Allow to set and cool and break into small pieces
TA DA!  


Just a few other things I thought could be sprinkled on top:

  • Peppermint candies
  • Peanuts - I'm in a peanut free house...but that would be great!
  • Dried Cherries with Dark Chocolate Chips
  • Gummy Bears
  • Heath Bar pieces
  • The list is endless!
Go forth and create your own little gem of goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment